Capture your child’s creativity with an Original Works art project. Cossitt students have been working hard to create custom art pieces that can be reproduced on a variety of products.
Watch for Original Works order forms coming home next week and order online. Your personalized letter will have an order code linking you directly to your child’s image and available options. Online order window will be open March 21 to April 10. Orders will be delivered to school in late April or early May.
Questions? Email Stephanie Kiley or Sarah Stamatakos
Spring Garden Club Sign Up
Spring is supposedly around the corner! Garden Club will be starting up in less than a month and we invite your child to sign up! Garden Club is a great way to spend some extra time after school learning about backyard gardening, flowers, plants, and nature. Activities will include planting vegetables, flowers, and taking care of our Cossitt Garden. Cost is $20 and our first meeting is April 12 from 3:15-4:00. Please see the signup-genius for details.
Calling all Cossitt Tigers and their families! Are you proud to be a Cossitt Tiger? Do you want to share the motto of a Cossitt Tiger? “Work hard, Choose kind, Have fun!” Then order a brightly colored and inspiring Cossitt PSCC yard sign to proudly display in your yard! See the sign up genius below to order yours today! If you have any questions please email Andrea Faikus or Nicole Stork.
Author Visit for 5th and 6th Grade
The District 102 LRC Directors are excited to welcome author/historian Christopher Lloyd on Wednesday, March 20. Mr. Lloyd will talk with 5th and 6th grade students about his career as an author and his new book Absolutely Everything!
To guarantee a personalized copy of his book, please return this order form with payment (cash or check payable to Cossitt PTC) by Tuesday, March 19. If you miss that date, there will be a limited supply of signed books available for purchase through March 22.
We Need Your Help!
If you are interested in volunteering, please sign up via Sign Up Genius at
Calling all 4th and 5th grade boys!
Find your true North and join the COMPASS for Boys workshop at Ogden School on Saturday, April 6 from 9:00 am – 2:30 pm!
It is a full day program designed especially for young boys growing into their new role as an adolescent while staying healthy and having fun on this social-emotional journey.
DON’T DELAY! Space is limited! Registration closes on March 29!
Contact Jen Stahl with questions.
- Yearbooks are $14 each and will be distributed to students during the last week of school.
- All yearbook orders are done online through our vendor with payment via Paypal or credit card.
- This is the only time of year for Cossitt yearbook orders (meaning, you did not order Cossitt yearbooks in the fall when you may have ordered them for Park or LT).
- If you do not order a yearbook for your child, he/she will not receive one when they are delivered to student classrooms…we mention this as it can be disappointing to students expecting a book. Some surplus books will be available on the last day of school while supplies last.
- Visit our vendor store at www.schoolannual.com select yearbook and click “Add to Cart”
- Key in recipient last name (select your child from the drop-down list)
- Include your email
- To add a yearbook for another child, click “Continue Shopping” at top and repeat the process for each additional child
- Click Checkout
- Keep your order confirmation, which will be emailed to you. This is your proof of purchase.
If you have questions, please contact Vanessa Blasco at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tickets are now available for purchase!
Don’t miss out, get your tickets at the link below:
Save the Date…Sunday, May 19, 2019 at 8:00 am is D102’s annual Race to the Finish 5K and 1-mile fun run.
This year’s course will start and finish at Forest Road School. We are also excited to announce that “Run for the Roses” will be joining us on race day to help further support our schools. More details about registration and day of events can be found at RunFor102.org.
Join us Tuesday April 2 at 7 pm
Park Jr High Auditorium
Due to crazy and unpredictable Chicago weather, the PSCC’s Cyber Safety presentation has been rescheduled for April 2. So there is still time to register! Liz Repking of Cyber Safety Consulting, a technical consultant and Mom of 3, will be presenting to the parents of District 102 how to positively use technology in your home and keep your kids safe online.
Liz will cover the dangers that our kids face in their online lives to include:
- how to create an exit or escape plan if your child encounters problems online
- how to create a positive digital footprint, how to be an upstander if you witness cyberbullying
- how to be safe with online gaming, how to watch out for predators who try to connect with kids online.
She will also cover technical knowledge on the apps and devices that children are using every day and also monitoring options for devices.
Please register here with Eventbrite
Notes to Cossitt Office
When sending to school with your student notes or forms to go to the Cossitt office, please label the envelope with what the enclosed is in reference to (ex: Book Club, Art Club, Yearbook, etc) so that it can be properly routed. This would be a great help to the office staff and much appreciated. Thank you.
Cossitt Property Watch
Please help us protect Cossitt property after hours. If you see inappropriate or suspicious activity after school hours, please call the La Grange Police at it’s non-emergency phone number of 708-579-2333. Thank you.
Did you know that Cossitt PTC is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization? This means many employers will match employee contributions to nonprofit organizations – like the PTC! So check you personnel manuals or talk to human resources today to see if your company offers a matching gift program. Please contact the PTC Treasurer for more information at email@example.com.