- Doyle: Making heart wreath craft.
- Howard: Making Valentines for Meadowbrook Manor Retirement Home
- Barry: Making Valentine’s for a retirement home of a student in the class’s grandpa, Ashbury Gardens in North Aurora
- Kratochvil: Decorating Valentine’s this week and we are donating them to Plymouth Place Retirement Home.
- Peterson: Making bookmarks and Valentine’s for Plymouth Place residents, and also for their own families. Ms. Peterson said that the kids are really enjoying the activities so far!
- Morris: The kids participated in a “VA for Valentine’s Day” service project in class. They created words of encouragement posters for Veterans living with cancer at Hines VA Hospital. One of the student’s mother works on the oncology unit and will be delivering the posters. The kids also decorated bags for their Valentine’s Day cards. In addition, Mrs. Morris was treated to some of her favorite goodies for Valentine’s Day. Happy Valentine’s Day from 3M.
- Knott: Making Valentines for Meadowbrook Manor Retirement Home.
- Parker: Decorating Valentine’s this week and we are donating them to Plymouth Place Retirement Home. On Valentine’s Day, we are delivering a pencil and 2 print-outs – a crossword and a word search so they have a little something on that day.
Month of LOVE service project!
- Valentines for veterans
- We are collecting* handmade Valentines today until Thursday, February 10, 2022. We are aiming for 100 valentines which we will then pass on to Congresswoman Marie Newman to distribute to veterans.
- Food drive for the St Francis food pantry
- Items will be collected* through Friday, February 25, 2022.
*Both the Valentines and food donations can be dropped off at the Lach house: 340 S Catherine.
- Plunging for the Patriots on Saturday March 5th @ 2:30!
- The plunge will take place on the 300 block of South Edgewood. Students can collect pledges for the plunge, using THIS SHEET. Pledge sheets and all donations to be turned in day-of. Parents/guardians must accompany plungers- this is NOT a drop-off event.
Proceeds from the plunge will benefit Park Junior High’s Special Olympics basketball team, the Mighty Patriots (the Mighty Patriots won their division and will be competing at the State competition the second weekend in March!) Prizes will be given to the top 5 pledge collectors!! Check out the plunge flyer HERE.