What is a Room Parent?
- Communicate with teacher/parents
- Manage classroom volunteers
- Work in teams to plan and execute classroom parties
- Halloween, Winter Holiday, and End of Year Party
- Coordinate Optional Thanksgiving and Valentine’s Service Projects/Activities
- Teacher Gifts
- Birthday, Holiday, Teacher Appreciation, & End of Year, etc.
- Occasional Teacher Projects or Special Requests
- Parent & Class Socials (build the community)
Responsibilities of Lead Room Parent
- Serve as the main contact person for the teacher and the PTC.
- Contact the classroom teacher to work out details of class parties.
- Organize planning sessions at convenient times to ensure all Room Parents can attend.
STILL INTERESTED? SIGN UP HERE!!
October 31, 2022 – Halloween Party (following school 2pm Halloween Costume Parade)
November 2022 – Class or grade-level Thanksgiving service project or activity (optional)
December 2022 – Organize Teacher Holiday Gifts
December TBD, 2022 – Winter Holiday Party
February 14, 2023 – Valentine Service projects (optional)
May 1 – 5, 2023 – Teacher Appreciation Week
May/June 2023 – Teacher End of Year Gift
June 2023 – End of Year Class Party (out of school at a park)
Coordinate class/grade socials
Boost school spirit by coordinating class shirts via Spiritwear
Boost school spirit by communicating goings-on to the class (i.e. Book Fair, CCC’s, etc)
Making a purchase? Use THIS FORM to get reimbursed!
- Gift Giving and contributions must always be optional.
- Ensure that all children’s names are on the card, even though participation is optional.
- Reach out to the Room Parent Managers, Debra Reid and Vanessa Robertson for a link to the staff wishlist indicating stores they like to shop at, etc.