What is a Room Parent?
- Communicate with teacher/parents
- Manage classroom volunteers
- Work in teams to plan and execute classroom parties
- Halloween, Holiday, Valentine Service Projects, and End of Year Party)
- Teacher Gifts
- Birthday, Holiday, Teacher Appreciation, & End of Year, etc.
- Occasional Teacher Projects or Special Requests
- Parent & Class Socials (build the community)
Responsibilities of Room Parent Coordinator
- Serve as the main contact person for the teacher and the PTC.
- Contact the classroom teacher to work out details of class parties.
- Organize planning sessions at convenient times to ensure all Room Parents can attend.
October 29, 2021 – Halloween Party (following school Halloween Costume Parade)
November 2021 – Possible Class food drive or Thanksgiving service project (optional)
December 2021 – Organize Teacher Holiday Gifts
December 17, 2021 – Winter Party
February 14, 2022 – Valentine Service projects (optional)
May 2 – 6, 2022 – Teacher Appreciation Week
May/June 2022 – Teacher End of Year Gift
June 2022 – End of Year Class Party (out of school at a park)
Coordinate class/grade socials
Boost school spirit by coordinating class shirts via Spiritwear
Boost school spirit by communicating goings-on to the class (i.e. Book Fair, CCC’s, etc)
Take pictures for the yearbook!
Making a purchase? Use THIS FORM to get reimbursed!
- Limit on room parents of 2-3 per room
- No food
- Focus on crafts and games.
School Staff (Secretary, Principal, or Asst. Principal) will view vaccine cards or negative test results upon entry into the building for volunteer opportunities.