Cossitt’s Got Talent is…
40 ACTS | 4 PERFORMANCE SPACES | AT HOME AT COSSITT
Auditions – 4/7 & 4/8 (3:30-7)
Dress Rehearsal – 5/12
COSSITTPALOOZA – 5/13 (call 6:15/ curtain 7:00pm)
HOW DOES COSSITTPALOOZA WORK?
• Student talent acts will be divided over 4 stages throughout Cossitt.
• Students perform in that same space throughout the night (4 times!)
• Upon arrival, the Audience will be seated by ushers at the four different stages.
• After acts are complete, ushers direct the Audience to their next stage while performers get ready for their next Audience group.
• Rotation happens two more times until Audience groups have visited all four stages.
COSSITTPALOOZA TALENT INFORMATION
• Any Cossitt student with a talent is welcome to audition! Singers, musicians, dancers, magicians, comics, poets, gymnastics, unicycles, basketball…
• Acts must be under 2 minutes.
• One act per performer – so pick your best skill! (Fifth and Sixth graders can indicate on audition form if they would like to also be considered as an emcee.)
• Acts can be group or solo. (But again – you can only be in one act!)
• Rehearse on your own time! There will be a few COSSITTPALOOZA rehearsals, and they will be for technical logistics only.
• Performers must REALLY want to do this. (i.e. please don’t sign your child up because you want them to do it. Stage fright is a real thing)
• Important: If your child is performing, then an adult from their household is also committing to one hour of volunteering. Volunteering opportunities will be plentiful: leading up to the show, during school, after school, set up prior to the show, during the run of the show, and clean up after the show.
BACKSTAGE COSSITTPALOOZA OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS
Lots of work happens behind the scenes and we welcome involvement from our 5th-6th graders who would prefer not to be on stage.
• Ushers to help escort audience groups to different stage locations
• Student Assistant Directors
• Technical Crew
CossittPalooza sign-up genius is active! Two things you need to do:
- Click here for the SUG to sign your child up.
- Click here for a google form to give us a few more details.
A few things to remember…
- Students must really want to be a part of the show
- Students will rehearse on their own time
- Parents commit to one hour of volunteering to help make our show a success
- Students must be available for both dress rehearsal and performance dates, so check conflicts with other activity schedules before signing up!
Questions? Email us at: email@example.com